Welcome to Subversity // Ecrasez l'infame
Weblog Entries:

"You," said Dr. Yavitch, "are a middle-road liberal, and you
haven't the slightest idea what you want. I, being a revolutionist,
know exactly what I want - and what I want right now is a drink"

~~ Sinclair Lewis ~~

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 

:: The wire tap flap 1:44 PM

There are quite a few issues in the news these days, and most of them show how criminal the Bush administration has become. The first of these, and the one I'm going to write about is the NSA wiretaps of American citizens. The issue is, can bush order a government agency to conduct warrant less wire-taps of American citizens? The short answer is no. The bush administration can, and should perform wiretaps, but they should apply for the warrant in court. The FISA court was set up so that they could do this in secret. There are laws which lay out the method for wire-taps, and you will find many valid uses for them. The Waterbury mayor was arrested when a legally authorized wire-tap revealed that he was a pedophile. This was a valid court ordered wire-tap. The spin doctors say the Americans Bush is listening to are terrorists. If this is true, then the Bush administration could have shown evidence of this. They say that if an American is talking to a member of a terrorist organization, they want to know why, and I agree, but shouldn't they go to a court and say they have evidence that a phone call was made? Shouldn't they show a reasonable amount of evidence that something happened? I'm sure a court would approve a wire tap on anyone's phone if there was evidence that the person was chatting with terrorists. These are the checks and balances we have to make sure that one person doesn't get to be king and make all of the rules as he decides.
[ ]

Zeitgeist
Pete Seeger

About
Subversity is one of those people who never takes anything seriously while at the same time, responds seriously to the world around him. He wants people to listen to his ideas but isn't willing to make the compromises it would take to get everyone to shut up and hear him. He explodes with passion whenever something catches his interest, dives in and gives it all he has.
~Vic


Navigation / Links
Home ::
Archives ::
Sonnets ::



Contact



Friends And Flamethrowers



What I'm Reading




Now Playing
Grateful Dead

Suggested Reading
Hesse - Siddhartha



Archives


Search Subversity




Valid XHTML 1.0!

This page is powered by Blogger.

Listed on Blogwise

Valid CSS!