|
|
"You," said Dr. Yavitch, "are a middle-road liberal, and you haven't the slightest idea what you want. I, being a revolutionist, know exactly what I want - and what I want right now is a drink" ~~ Sinclair Lewis ~~
A major world newspaper, one which an increasing number of americans are turning to for their news, has published an article questioning, and exposing Capitalism. Capitalism On TrialThe central tenet of capitalism is found in the words of the Scottish Enlightenment economist Adam Smith. He believed that an invisible hand ruled over the market place, guaranteeing that everyone would eventually benefit, if only the market mechanism were left unencumbered. Neoconservative economists and politicians still believe this.
In reality, the invisible hand has turned out to be nonexistent. Left to its own internal logic, the unfettered market leads not to a bigger share of the economic pie for all but a "winner takes all" endgame.
[ ]
|
|
|