Welcome to Subversity // Ecrasez l'infame
Weblog Entries:

"You," said Dr. Yavitch, "are a middle-road liberal, and you
haven't the slightest idea what you want. I, being a revolutionist,
know exactly what I want - and what I want right now is a drink"

~~ Sinclair Lewis ~~

Friday, February 25, 2005 

:: Germ Burns 1:58 PM

I should not have uncovered my turntable. I have important things to do. I dont know what they are, but they must be more important than ripping MP3's from vinyl. On the other hand, it is february, and if I went out looking for something more important, I probably wouldn't find it. So I may as well rip some vinyl.

Last night I ripped the Germs (GI) LP. I have the original LP on slash records, and its in pretty decent shape, considering it is almost 26 years old now. I know it's available as part of a compilation on Rhino Records, but I already have it, I dont want to buy it again. The sad part about it is that it is 26 years old! It's a Golden Oldie, and I'm turning into an old fart. Well, I dont know if it sold a million copies, but it wouldn't surprise me. CRASS had all of their albums go gold, but it was never really spoken of.

The time was 1979. Joan Jet was a member of the Runaway's, but she got tapped to produce the album. The Sex Pistols had exploded on their tour the previous year, The ramones had released a few great records by this time, but LA had it's own ethos. And, it's own pathos. I was Three Thousand miles away from LA, and the local bands we had in NYC ( Ramones, Plasmatics, Dead Boys etc ) were much harder than the LA bands. That would change somewhat, but the Germs, and X, were the first LA punks that I had heard of. Black Flag, Bad Religion, the Circle Jerks and the Dead Kennedy's were still to come.
[ ]

Zeitgeist
Pete Seeger

About
Subversity is one of those people who never takes anything seriously while at the same time, responds seriously to the world around him. He wants people to listen to his ideas but isn't willing to make the compromises it would take to get everyone to shut up and hear him. He explodes with passion whenever something catches his interest, dives in and gives it all he has.
~Vic


Navigation / Links
Home ::
Archives ::
Sonnets ::



Contact



Friends And Flamethrowers



What I'm Reading




Now Playing
Grateful Dead

Suggested Reading
Hesse - Siddhartha



Archives


Search Subversity




Valid XHTML 1.0!

This page is powered by Blogger.

Listed on Blogwise

Valid CSS!