|
|
"You," said Dr. Yavitch, "are a middle-road liberal, and you haven't the slightest idea what you want. I, being a revolutionist, know exactly what I want - and what I want right now is a drink" ~~ Sinclair Lewis ~~
|
Thursday, January 06, 2005
|
|
Meanwhile, Back in Iraq...
The interim government's intelligence chief, Gen. Mohammed Shahwani, told a Saudi newspaper this week that he believed that U.S. and Iraqi forces were facing as many as 40,000 ”hard-core fighters” -- twice Washington's previous biggest estimate -- backed by as many as 150,000 to 200,000 others who acted as part-time guerillas, spies, and logistics personnel.
U.S. commander says Iraq's insurgents weaker"
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The commander of U.S. ground forces in Iraq called recent deadly attacks on Iraqi police and political figures "desperate efforts" at intimidation by insurgents hoping to stall January 30 elections. Despite the attacks, Lt. Gen. Thomas F. Metz maintained the enemy is weaker and does not enjoy support among Iraqis.
[ ]
|
|
|